Capability and Development Assistant
- An energetic workplace where you can see the action happening
- A Port that’s growing for the future of Wellington and Central New Zealand
- Enable CentrePort’s staff to succeed and be capable
If you find change exciting, look no further. CentrePort is moving ahead, and this is your chance to help make a difference.
Reporting to the Senior Capability and Development Consultant, you will support CentrePort’s employees to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform and succeed in their roles. You will be responsible for maintaining training records, producing training plans and materials as well as liaising with the business and external providers to make sure training is booked, delivered and completed. Moreover, you will have oversight of internal trainers and assessors. This is a generalist support role that covers the spectrum of Training and Capability portfolios. You’ll work in a supportive team and in an environment that encourages and empowers you to make things happen.
Your success will be defined by:
- Demonstrated administration experience within a busy environment.
- The ability to create and improve training content and documentation.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to liaise with key stakeholders.
- Experience with NZQA frameworks and engagement with external training organisations.
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs and manage competing priorities.
- Competence in computer-based applications and reporting software.
This is an exciting time to join CentrePort as we regenerate and keep moving forward. It is a fun, connected place where people mix on all levels and where, thanks to our focus on wellness and Health and Safety, everyone’s got each other’s back. We offer life, disability and income protection insurances, free car parking available on site, wellbeing initiatives, discounts with partner organisations. You can look forward to keeping your skills fresh, with plenty of training and development opportunities that will make you shine and see your potential.
Are you ready to come and see up close how we’re shaping the future of the Port? If so, then apply.
CentrePort supports an environment of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and therefore, encourage applications from different backgrounds. To ensure our recruitment process is fully accessible, please let us know if you require any support or have any accessibility requirement.
Please note: CentrePort is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment testing is part of our recruitment process. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Applications close 6 December 2023.