Updated 06 September 2021
CentrePort COVID Operations
As announced by the Government, New Zealand (apart from Auckland) will move to COVID Alert Level 2 from 23:59 hrs (11:59pm) 7 September.
CentrePort will continue to operate as per the COVID Operational Plan (see link below) which reflects Level 3 controls.
- Do not come onto CentrePort sites if you are unwell.
- Please observe hygiene practices - washing of hands, sneezing/coughing into elbow.
- Masks to be worn in vehicles when sharing with other passengers.
- Using PPE (clothing, masks, gloves) as required.
- Maintaining physical distancing - 1m when working, 2m otherwise.
- All persons entering CentrePort please scan in using the available QR codes.
Mask protocols for working at CentrePort (updated 18 August 2021)
The Government has updated mask protocols under the current Level 4 Alert level. This mandates the wearing of protective face masks under certain conditions. Workers/businesses operating on CentrePort are to please observe the following.
In a vehicle (light or heavy vehicle)
· It would be appreciated if drivers wear a mask when engaging with security at entry points.
· If exiting the vehicle for any reason and working within 2 metres of other persons, you will need to wear a mask.
All other workers
· If you are working within 2 metres of another person either inside an office/building or outside in Port operational area you will need to wear a mask.
· If you are working on board a vessel (as per Maritime Border Order No. 2 - 2020) you will need to wear a mask.
Make sure you sanitise your hands properly after touching surfaces, use the crook of your elbow when coughing or sneezing, wipe down surfaces when you have finished using them, and if unwell stay home and get a COVID screening test.
CentrePort is maintaining a close watch on all developments in the latest level 4 alert move and will work to keep you informed of any changes that may occur.
CentrePort is operating according the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Maritime Border) Order (No. 2) - see link below.
Also see link for CentrePort Control Plan which is applicable at Alert Levels 3,4.
|Covid 19 Control Plan|
|COVID 19 Public Health Response Maritime Border Order No 2 2020|
ALL CONTRACTORS: COVID-19 (coronavirus) – working with CentrePort
[updated 27 May 2020]
Health and Safety Inductions
Inductions will be conducted online. Please click on the Health and Safety link on the CentrePort website for instructions.
We request your employees observe the following protocols when interacting with CentrePort.
- Frequent hand washing. Hand sanitizer and/or soap is available widely around the port. Hands should be washed for at least 30 seconds.
- Dry hands thoroughly. The disease can be spread on wet hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes - use disposable tissues or cough/sneeze into your elbow, and wash hands.
- Avoid close contact (< 1metre) with anyone suffering from acute respiratory infections.
Observing Ministry of Health guidance
- Should any of your employees feel unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms, we would expect them to follow Ministry of Health guidance and not come onto our premises.
- CentrePort expects everyone to follow all other Ministry of Health guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.