Update 20 January 2021
CentrePort Operational Control Plan - Alert Level 1
CentrePort is operating according the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Maritime Border) Order (No. 2) Amendment Order 2020 and as per the CentrePort Control Plan (see links below).
This control plan is intended to be used by those working at CentrePort Limited during the current COVID-19 Government restrictions.
Managing a port whilst remaining compliant with COVID-19 protocols is challenging. The following document describes the necessary responses to maintain our compliance and prevent harm to our people.
It is an overarching plan designed to provide information for the management of Port related activities and interactions with wider port users.
Key points to note:
- Do not come onto CentrePort sites if you are unwell.
- Please observe hygiene practices - washing of hands, sneezing/coughing into elbow.
- Maintaining physical distancing
- Using PPE (clothing, masks, gloves) as an optional measure appropriate to the circumstances
- CentrePort is implementing an appropriate cleaning and disinfecting programme
- All persons on site to sign a register to facilitate contact tracing. This register is held at reception.
|Covid 19 Control Plan|
|COVID 19 Public Health Response Maritime Border Order No 2 2020|
ALL CONTRACTORS: COVID-19 (coronavirus) – working with CentrePort
[updated 27 May 2020]
Health and Safety Inductions
Inductions will be conducted online. Please click on the Health and Safety link on the CentrePort website for instructions.
We request your employees observe the following protocols when interacting with CentrePort.
- Frequent hand washing. Hand sanitizer and/or soap is available widely around the port. Hands should be washed for at least 30 seconds.
- Dry hands thoroughly. The disease can be spread on wet hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes - use disposable tissues or cough/sneeze into your elbow, and wash hands.
- Avoid close contact (< 1metre) with anyone suffering from acute respiratory infections.
Observing Ministry of Health guidance
- Should any of your employees feel unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms, we would expect them to follow Ministry of Health guidance and not come onto our premises.
- CentrePort expects everyone to follow all other Ministry of Health guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.